Pro Wrestling: Yes Elite, We Are Chicago And We Are More Elite Than You

 



Oh hey there Divas! Your girl is back with another one here. Back home in Wisco after a fun weekend in Chicago for Labor Day that involved a panic attack and massive downpour over the state line (it rained so hard that my tire traction light came on because the rain set off a sensor) plus too much shopping. Had dinner with sister and brother-in-law for his mother's birthday on Saturday at Lou's (as us Chicagoans refer to it while youse non-Chicago people call it Lou Malnati's. I tweeted about this restaurant and apparently a few people went there and liked it. I told ya!) A fun weekend as usual and I will be back for Halloween with my costume. (I'll reveal it soon enough). Next up is G Bear's thirteenth birthday followed by Jojo's golden birthday this Friday, then my niece's wedding in October. 

I was disappointed that I didn't attend All Out, and I wish I had. The reason why I didn't go in all honesty was that I recently quit my old job (have a better one now) and I needed the ticket money for rent and bills. You know, adult shit with single girl problems. 

On with the show. 

While at my sister's, I kept up with the event through NoDQ, (thanks Aaron for your hard work with the website). Things appeared to be moving fast from what I could see, and I was disappointed we didn't have a reveal of the Joker. I kept peeking in as my sister was finishing a group assignment for school (she's in a nursing program graduating next year) and still no sign of Max (MJF). 

Then it hit me. Sitting (no laying on my sister's couch after everyone left) I could feel the energy from the Now Arena down to where I was. The final match, Punk-Mox, and still no appearance from Max.  

Now I felt it. It was almost time. Now back from Jen's at Georgie's (where I was staying), I got on Twitter and made a tweet about the lights going out and the Joker appearing, followed by the removal of the mask.

Hotdamn I'm good. There, in the Now Arena, after three months away without a trace, is Max in all his glory. The Chicago crowd who loves their hometown hero (and we love Punk) cheered Max who, in his true nature, flipped us off. Punk, holding the title, looked on in shock as the rest of the crowd did too. 

I used to refer to Wednesday as "Wrestling Wednesday". Now I'm calling it "WTF Is Going To Happen Now". Pro wrestling is hotter than boiler room with Freddy Krueger. Max's return and the aftermath of All Out is going to make for some great television in the coming weeks.

The Media Scrum following All Out with Punk's comments are something that many people can't handle. Punk called out The Young Bucks with disgust, and he's right. The Bucks, along with Omega, got their positions based on friendship, are awful executives and anyone who cannot see that they clearly booked themselves to win the Trios titles needs to get Windex. Thy Great One, Mr. Tito said in a recent column on NoDQ that TK needs to demote them-either be wrestlers telling a story or be executives who don't wrestle. There are two different jobs the Elite has, and they need to decide what to be. Personally, they aren't that great as a team, and the win was undeserved, much like their positions as executives. They are egotistical and arrogant, nor do they hold interest as talents.

Punk spoke his mind, and many people can't handle that. What he said was spot on, and I understand where he is coming from. The Bucks/Omega are useless as EVPs, and TK needs to see that. 

There's a joke among Chicagoans that we are tough, just like our traffic and winters. Aside from that, we are the nicest, most friendly people you could meet. I always joke that you can take a girl out of Chicago, but you can't take the Chicago out of the girl (this is true, as I am a Bears fan in WI, among other things). 

The backstage fight following Punk's comments turned physical according to reports. The Bucks confronted Punk after his comments, punches were thrown, and it was a mess. Reports also indicate the Elite wants out of AEW (between homework and the weekend as a whole, I may have misread the info regarding the Elite wanting to leave). 

Wait what? So the Elite gets called out, put in their place, throw a fit, get chin checked and now they want to leave. 

Sorry not sorry Elite. Acting the way you do will get you called out and your egos checked. The thing is, when you are good at something you can have an ego. None of you are that great at either, so you have no reason to have an ego. 

Punk had the balls to say what nobody else would, and now everyone’s pissed. 

There’s more I could say, but this girl is beyond tired. 

With Lou Malnati’s and love,

Dani



Comments

Popular Posts