Pro Wrestling: Things That Make Me Go Hmmmmm

Oh hey there Divas! Just a diva checking in on a Thursday evening tired. We are post birthday and this girl will be celebrating next weekend in Chicago. Got a little beauty thing done (I’ll never tell) and the first day was interesting as Stella woke me up playing with my hair. This will be interesting to see how this works out. Salon that I went to have this done was so impressed with my knowledge of beauty they want to interview me for a part time job. 

Kermit the frog once said it’s not easy being green. It’s not easy being a diva. (When I say diva, I use that term to describe those with their own unique person as a whole). 

On with the show. 

The title of this column is name of a great song by C&C Music Factory. (Oh nineties music we miss you)! 

https://wrestlingheadlines.com/backstage-updates-on-wwe-doing-john-cena-vs-theory/

When I see wrestling headlines like the one posted in this article, it makes me go hmmmm. Theory as the next Cena? Who came up with that observation? Theory versus Cena? Whatever. Cena returns later this month for his twentieth anniversary in WWE and everyone is happy? 

Oh please. Theory is another face on Raw who is just there. He’s not Cena and he will never be close to Cena’s level. Cena was great back in day, had a fun charisma about him during his debut, and the rest is history. Theory needs to grow as a performer and the comparison to Cena is ridiculous because he’s not even close to that level. 

Cena is boring and stale. If I want boring I’ll find something that bores me. If I want stale (and who does) I’ll let crackers sit out overnight. Remember when Hogan went to WCW in the early nineties? The face gimmick was wearing thin (along with his hair) and fans weren’t feeling it. Enter Bash at the Beach 1996 when he turned heel for the first time in years and formed the NWO. It gave a new, much needed makeover to his character. That same taste that Hogan had in the early nineties with WCW as a face is how Cena is as a face in the present. I’ve seen Cena live a handful of times and let me tell you, there is a reason why we chant/sing “Cena sucks”. Because he’s overstayed the face side. Turn him heel and watch what happens. It will change the game to a degree.

Cena would put Theory over and protect him while doing so. That’s the purpose of this, and I get it. But to make a big deal about Cena’s return? Big deal. He’s back, and life goes on. A heel Cena would be interesting and I’d care. A face Cena and I’m rolling my eyes. Hearing about this was enough, then I heard about what happened on Smackdown.

The farmer in the dell appeared on SD Friday night. Oh joy! Lesnar appeared out of nowhere, and now we are treated to Reigns/Lesnar part 10,858,389. A new couple just appeared in WWE: Rousey and Lesnar. Neither add much to the landscape, only one has history, both are meh. She looks like a tomboy in a dress, and he looks like a skinny farmer who got kicked by the cow one too many times. Both are part-timers. Neither have full time schedules, and neither deserve the push they are given. (I still think Rousey getting Sasha's spot was bs). 

How many people could be called up and given the opportunity with the right direction from Creative? Oh wait, Creative doesn't the difference between their left and right. If they did, we wouldn’t have the same crap storylines that do nothing but make you question how Creative got their jobs and how they still keep them. 

Thy Great One Mr. Tito once brought up the point of not spending money on bad services and goods. Consider the Chicago Bears. Terrible team owners, and Bears fans (myself included) have boycotted by not purchasing merch and/or attending games. Consider the business model: we purchase goods/services and that money that we pay in goes to the business to cover various expenses. WWE make a shit ton of money with live shows, merch and other venues. One has a choice to hand over their hard earned money, and terrible storylines are why I boycotted WWE live events. I refuse to attend any live shows-MITB will be in Chicago this year and I’ll be in Chicago too. If I want to watch it, I may, I may not. 

If others follow Tito’s point of not spending money at an intense level, plus the boycott that I’m doing, this could damage WWE to a degree. Perhaps they would provide something better. 

AEW, on the other hand, can have my money. AEW is fun, fresh, and unpredictable. I like that, because I like not knowing what will happen or who will show up. 

Maybe if we stopped spending money with WWE they would go hmmmm. Then we wouldn’t have to go hmmmm wondering where their minds are with bad storylines that make the Kardashian’s watchable.

Counting my days until tickets go on sale for All Out or another PPV in Chicago.

With mint Oreos and love, 

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts