Hello There!

 


Oh hey there Divas! It's your favorite diva here after some time away. Been busy with work and babysitting, plus dealing with a professional question I have been asking myself for nearly four years. Memorial Day came and went, and this was by far one of the most interesting holidays: my sister's internet and cable went out for at least a day (not fun when you have kids in the house), the plumbing went down, my other sister's dog ran away (she was found hours later) and my nephew fell and rolled his ankle. The funniest part of the weekend was my younger sister getting hammered and the fact that we lost her on Halstead Street in Chicago. Can't wait for three weeks when I go back for my birthday and the 4th, which is a week and a half after my birthday. 

On with the show.

Nothing much has been happening. Work is chill. The kids have been keeping me busy, and as I spend my days with them, I question what I bring to early childhood as a teacher. After twenty-four years in the field, when most people are starting a career or preschool teachers leaving the profession, I’ve questioned what else I can do (that I haven’t done) and how much longer I can teach. I’m not saying I don’t like teaching because I do. I like the searching for activities, implementing said activities and the observation of how excited they are to learn (this is the teaching cycle). I like creating routines, keeping with consistency/routine, and decorating. I also like searching for library books and creating games as both are learning experiences. 

I’m at a crossroads. I know several of you have felt this way too. 

Switching lanes (no pun intended), Stella is good. She’s approaching her first birthday, and I finally found a wet food she likes. Of course it’s the expensive kind, so she is my feline soulmate if there is such a thing. I cleaned out some boxes that were stacked and a certain kitten who shall be nameless bit Barbie’s hands and chewed a finger off. I found said evidence cleaning last weekend and the look she gave me when I shamed her was priceless. 

June is a packed month with babysitting. I have no dates open, and booking into July. Fantastic! Hopefully this can grow into something.

That’s it for now. Nothing really going on and this diva is tired. 

With streaming and love,

Dani




Comments

Popular Posts