Pro Wrestling: Hello, It's Me, How You Doin?


Hey hey hey hey Divas! Just a gal off work on Sunday prepping for school tomorrow and so it begins again. I seriously need more followers (I really do) and to get paid for my opinions or a contract to run my mouth in AEW. Babysat one of my favorite families last night; long night with an infant and up early today. Saw two of my favorite customers today at the store and got a compliment from a co-worker. Fantastic day yet chilly here in Wisco, and now at home with Stella. 

They say leave a little sparkle wherever you go-when I walked into my building after getting home, I found glitter outside the door which of course was tracked into the building. There may have been glitter in a box outside on my patio but I can't say for sure.  There's no way a squirrel was smart enough to sprinkle glitter all over the sidewalk, or was there?

On with the show. 

I want to take this moment to say how much I love my Twitter Boys (Chris, Virtue, Colin, Aaron, Joe and Robbie). While we may not agree with each other (Aaron I need to be on the NoDQ Review at some point) you guys always have fun things to read about and I appreciate each and every one of you. Nothing is the same without Thy Great One Mr. Tito (give him my love guys) and all of you give life to Twitter in your own unique way. 

As a writer and blogger, sometimes I come up with ideas, and other times I use the internet and news for ideas. Virtue came up with an interesting thought that has been on my mind after the revelation of Wardlow's opponent on Dynamite this past Wednesday. I didn't think of this until after he mentioned it and the more I think about it, the more I like his idea: Enzo and Cass back to WWE to take on....well, you know. Everyone, but specifically the Bloodline. 

Everyone knows I don't watch NXT. When Enzo and Cass debuted, I didn't understand the hype. Weeks after their main roster debut, I quickly understood what made these two so unique and special. You have a tall loud mouth fella and his little friend with an even louder mouth. The promos these two cut were priceless-most of the promos in pro wrestling are scripted, yet some are ad-libbed and some are so good you wonder if it was ad-libbed. The point of the promo is to have the character speak and connect with the audience to increase popularity while making you believe the character is who they are in real life. The right promo from the right person and/or persons can get an audience hyped, and this is how you know something is working. 

Enzo and Cass were something else and sadly, the bottom fell out before the building was completed. According to reports, Enzo was difficult to work with backstage. In 2017, creative suddenly split them up, which, by some accounts, was an epic fail. Enzo, the more charismatic of the two, was over while Cass struggled to get over as a singles competitor. Following this, a woman in AZ claimed that Enzo sexually assaulted her. Getting this information, WWE suspended Enzo in violation of their no harassment/assault policy. The next day, WWE fired Enzo for failure to report said investigation to officials. Enzo has stated that he felt the termination was unjust as he was unaware of the investigation. After WWE, Enzo pursued a career as a rapper, thus vanishing from the wrestling spotlight. Big Cass was released from WWE in 2018 due to behavior issues, including alcoholism. After his release, he suffered a seizure at a wrestling event and has since then been treated for depression, along with alcohol issues. 

People change and they grow. Sometimes we act a certain way and do not realize how we are acting or that the way we act affects others. Children are egocentric (they feel the world revolves around them. This is the reason why children, young children, have issues sharing both time and toys with others). Egocentrism, a natural part of human development, begins in early childhood and typically levels off in young adulthood. While this is common in most people, egocentrism can remain in adulthood. It's called egotism and selfishness, plus ungrateful. The sad thing is that while most people outgrow this behavior some continue this pattern and drive people away, such as family, friends and even employers. 

It's been five years since we have seen " 'the realest guys in the room' " in a WWE ring. What has changed with both of them from a personal and professional standpoint that would make a return a good idea? If you are familiar with Enzo's mic work, stop and think about his insults to the entire roster which would make for good comedy. As I think about what would be funny to see Enzo interact with the likes of Riddle, KO (he does his best work as a oversensitive and hyper heel) and cracking a few on Rollins looking like he jumped into a bag of Skittles plus a few on the Street Profits, I see entertainment with the New Day (Big E, we miss you!) along with a chance for the house of the Real Ones being rebuilt. While that thought crosses my mind, I can imagine Enzo insulting the AEW locker room especially the Acclaimed. This would make for some entertaining Dynamite, creating a low stress environment with a lighter travel schedule. 

Given the WWE and their clean cut image they are trying to maintain (you can't do that on television, no pun intended) I feel like a return wouldn't be in their best interest. It would be nice to see them back, yet the thought of creative and the higher ups would be the concern they would act the same way as before. AEW on the other hand, may be a better fit, due to Enzo's personality both on-screen and in real life. Unfortunately, while Cass may be willing to work at a reasonable price, my research indicates that Enzo comes with a price tag some promotions may not be able to afford. 

It's no secret that Big Cass is my boyfriend's...I mean...Wardlow's opponent on Wednesday. Could Enzo be close behind? 

Now it's off to bed. If I had a dime for every time I was tired, I'd have no dimes. 

With reruns and love,

Dani



Comments

Popular Posts