Pro Wrestling: Creative Ruined Elias and Prediction

 Hey y’all! Your diva is home after working a double and nearly getting hit by a bus (seriously) minutes from work when the driver of said bus failed to yield on my green light (they decided to turn left in front of me on same green light). Had I moved seconds sooner, I would’ve gotten hit and hit others. After placing a call to the bus company (my concern was children on the bus) it turns out that this driver is the driver who picks up from my preschool. Yikes. The rest of the day wasn’t too bad, I have a pile of laundry in the bathroom (again) and need to go grocery shopping. Life of a single girl. 

Today at work I was busy prepping my week including next week, and sneaking glances at social media regarding the return of Elias. Several people left comments and the majority of them were the same: the character change is a waste of time and ridiculous, considering we know who it is. Other comments included the fact that Elias was over, but injury prone, and that he deserves better. If you watched episodes of Raw or SD, you could see that the crowd was into his gimmick, a guitar playing drifter. The way he sold the character and the manner in which he told the story went well, entertaining the fans with his mockery of opponents and/or crowds. In 2003-2004, The Rock would host “concerts”, where he would do the sane thing Elias did, yet with more comedy.  

If you look at Elias technical ability, he’s pretty good in the ring. Not perfect, because nobody’s perfect, but he is decent, and the beard added a charm to his character. He has a certain charisma that can’t be forced or duplicated, and Boogs in a similar role, is nothing more than a hype man, not to mention a clown. 

Creative failed Elias. While he should’ve been booked better, he was failed. This new character is a major failure and considering Boogs is in the same role, it’s an insult to Elias. Period. Elias can pull the music character off, whereas Boogs is just a comedy act who wrestles. Why take away the gimmick of someone who plays it well just to give it to someone who can’t play it well at all? 

Prediction: This new character will not get over, and Elias will be released by summer. While I don’t want that to happen, I hope it does because he deserves some much better. 

Now that MJF needs a bodyguard, Elias would look nice with a suit and trimmed beard as a heel. 

Thoughts? Let me know. I’m so tired I’m thinking about my bed now.

With beds and love,

Dani


Comments

Popular Posts