Good Morning!

 Hey there! Just a diva checking in before work. A fantastic day yesterday with a true diva moment: had super meeting with new client family, treated myself to some me time with my favorite colorist and then booked appointment to get a thing done (this should be interesting). Followed that with babysitting and treated myself to a Concrete Mixer (Culver's is a local restaurant with the mixer being the equivalent to a Blizzard). 

Life is good. I'm feeling good and I'm not thankful enough for everything I have. I may work a full time job and a part time job to make ends meet (soon another part time job), and I may not make money at what I do (I always say I have to work two jobs because I am expensive, yet I have to work two jobs because life is expensive), and I'm ok with that. I chose teaching as a profession because my mother and aunt were both teachers. I also chose teaching to help those who needed the support that I needed as a child. Losing my mother at an early age plus being a special needs child made me a high maintenance kid. (It didn't help that Grandmother doted on me). Father was there, yet he was that absentee parent consumed by his own grief which created tension in the house. The support I needed as a child was someone who understood me and accepted me, and the support my father needed was someone to talk to, helping him understand his own past and emotions. 

I love what I do and I wouldn't have it any other way. Finding childcare (whether it's a nanny, occasional babysitter or full time care is a challenge). I'm blessed with families trusting me with the lives of their most precious gift and the magic of childhood is amazing. 

How are you today? I'm great. 

With sunshine and love,

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts