Why I'm Not Looking Forward To WM 38

 Hey hey hey hey! It's the Diva (and your favorite diva, not to mention your favorite blog). Typing away on the new laptop. Thanks to my Twitter Boys for the recs! I walked into Best Buy with my old laptop (not the college one) but the cheap one to look at options, explained what I wanted and ended up with a new device and a great price too. Loving this device thus far. A chilly day here in Wisco that was pure laziness. Busy week at school with the introduction of letters, along with the letter construction kit that I purchased on Amazon, followed by the egg experiment and matching letters. Said letter set is their new favorite toy. Work this weekend at the store, and there is something happening both Saturday and Sunday. 

Oh that's right. It's WM 38. (insert excitement here). I'm not looking forward to it.

First, I forget to record Raw on Mondays. If someone asked me what was happening on Raw, I couldn't even tell them. I have no clue what's going on and from what I could see, Rollins and Owens were friends, and are no longer friends, with Owens reincarnated as Stone Cold. Bianca Bel Air is out with injury. Other than that, I don't know anything else. On SD, I know that there's a farmer chasing Reigns instead of crops and cows, Rousey had to come back and face Charlotte (insert eye roll here), Charlotte can't shut up, and Pat Mcafee is pissed at Austin Theory. So sad that Big E broke his neck (get better soon big guy!) and happy that Xavier Woods is back. 

As I write this, I am watching an old episode of Raw from January/February 1998, entertained by DX, LOD (God Bless Their Souls), NOD, The Godwinns and of course, Stone Cold, plus NAO. Kevin Kelly, a much younger JR, and a better, less boring Michael Cole are on commentary. 

This was much better WWE compared to what is now, in a time where real writers studied the past, brainstormed ideas, applying actual thinking skills with imaginations in use to provide a great product. 

I loved WM weekends when I was a kid, even a young adult. I liked it for the same reason that I like certain shows-because I was drawn to it with storylines and build up. This WM doesn't do anything for me in the urgency that I need to watch it. I haven't been paying any attention to matches and when I do pay attention it's brief. The only things I know are that Charlotte versus Rousey is a snooze fest (did we need to see this again), KO bumped his head and thinks he's Stone Cold (will the real Stone Cold please stand up), Cody is rumored to having signed with the WWE (again so he can be underused and used the wrong way) and farmers named Brock Lesnar aren't getting kicked by cows but by Reigns. 

Is this worth watching? To me, not at all. Where's the excitement? The interest? The new feuds and buildup of new stars? I don't watch NXT so the only names I know are Gargano and Ciampa plus Bron Steiner. Not Bron Breakker or whatever ridiculous name they came up with because creative can't think, but to me he is Bron Steiner. 

I thought the point of NXT is to build up new stars; why are we stuck with the old ones and people who contribute zero to the landscape as a whole? Why don't we have people called up to the main roster who are in WWE instead of part-timers and playing up to favorites? I'd rather see someone from NXT on a main roster with plans by creative compared to the call up to the main roster followed by the firing for no reason. The Hit Row callup and immediate firing was just ridiculous. Swerve is interesting and HR should've been given a chance rather than be fired for the lack of critical thinking skills required by creative. 

Unfortunately, this is the reality of WWE and why I'm not looking forward to WM this year. Until WWE changes, I will still tune in, yet I won't be excited about any major event for the simple reason that there's nothing to look forward to.

Clearly, WWE doesn't care about us as fans why should be care about them? If they actually cared WM would be something to look forward to. For me, this weekend will be spent working, with cleaning, laundry, prepping for school and writing after work followed by watching old school WWE during a time when creative gave us things worth watching. 

Are you looking forward to WM 38? Why or why not?

With chocolate milk and love,

Dani





Comments

Popular Posts