Pro Wrestling: Let The Symphony Begin

 Hello Divas! A Friday night here in Wisco after my first full week at the new job, which is going great. Rave reviews from the owner and management, plus a parent compliment that their son enjoys coming to school after struggling to get through the door. Busy day with my toddler class-three non walkers and no outside time because it’s too cold. Got raise from my other job; pretty cool to find out, and I love that job, no matter how stressful it gets. My Twitter appearances have been here and there. Tito I miss the weekly reads, but understand why you walked away, Joe is still one of my favorite people, and still nobody has answered the question of when Papa Shango walked into the time machine and came out as Danhausen. The recent AEW signing appeared then disappeared. I feel a resurgence of the Insane Clown Posse with the vibe, and I’m curious to see more of this guy. He was a ROH guy and speaking of ROH, I’m waiting for the Briscoes to show up on Dynamite and take out the Bucks. This desire came from the tag tournament that the Bucks had to win, largely because they book themselves to win due to their positions. (Insert eye roll here). 

Just got home from babysitting a new family. Life of a single girl with no life. Stella was pissed when I got home. Speaking of Stella, I posted a tweet a few weeks ago about her watching AEW. Her eyes were glued to the tv, as she saw things move. Cats see television as a flicker, as their brains attempt to catch up to seeing the images on screen. Cats also see outlines of people and animals, plus color. What she saw had her watching intently and it was a missed photo op. 

It was the movement and color that captured her attention, while the guy behind the movement gets mine. When I first saw him in October 2019, I took an instant liking to him-the strong, silent type with a Hulk like stature that moved with the grace of Beethoven and the elegance of Bach. A background in boxing and jujitsu, Wardlow has proved he’s more than just a bodyguard. With a Diesel vibe circa 1996, Mr. Mayhem has turned up the orchestra as conductor, creating the beginning notes of a beautiful movement which started playing when he stood eye to eye with both Spears and Max not backing down from either. Add the win with the ladder match at Revolution plus the placement of the ring to assist Punk along with the promo on this past Wednesday’s Dynamite, the notes of the Wardlow Symphony are well played with a beauty that is music to our ears. I happen to like classical music and often play it in the classroom, as studies have shown that classical music is beneficial to children’s brain development. 

On Wednesday during his speech, I was glued to my television. Nobody knew how good he was at cutting promos and his first promo was no exception. His words hit home for me, both personally and professionally. He said he was raised in a single parent household where he watched his mother struggle and didn’t have a lot of money. I was raised in a single parent household by my maternal grandmother who also had a heart of gold and my father’s checkbook. (Grandmother raised me while Father was in the background appearing with the checkbook when needed. Other than that, he was not present). He became a professional wrestler to provide for his family, I became a teacher to provide for little ones plus families with support. The big man went on to say that Max provided him with a way in, and that he spent so much time fulfilling the needs of others to achieve their goals and dreams while being disrespected and treated badly. I’ve been there too with previous employers, one in particular who gossiped about me repeatedly, encouraging and permitting others to do so, and nitpicking. I recall one instance of the gossip when the Pepsi guy came to fill our vending machine in the lobby of the school and I asked him about a product. Later that afternoon, my boss called me into her office. Just a chat, she said with her notebook open. Spotting the open notebook on her desk, I knew it was something else. The meeting was about, wait for it, my conversation with the Pepsi guy. She wanted to know what I was talking to him about. Knowing that this was bs and a waste of my time, I put my size nine boot down (no pun intended) and told her that not only did I not like being talked about, but that the conversation was not only none of her business. I concluded the conversation by stating that perhaps she should worry about things that matter, like doing her job, because her worrying about my conversation was not only petty, it’s childish too. I walked away, feeling good about standing up for myself because she needed to be put in her place. When I left in summer 2019, same boss came to me again, this time lying to my face about gossip. I told her I knew who said what about me, and that I didn’t know what was more sad: the fact that she was condoning gossip with a no gossip policy, or that she was lying to my face. She looked down at the floor to the side as she often did when put in her place. You have to do what you have to do at times, even with employers, because they will walk all over you. 

Listening to Wardlow speak was heartfelt for many. His words were so true, and while pro wrestling is an athletic soap opera, the man behind the character spoke from the heart. It’s like he read my mind along with the minds of others. His passion for his work makes me giggle about a funny FB post that I saw the other day. He fights for a living, and apparently on this list, my name was on a list of girls that fight guys. Maybe my friend Tracie was right-it’s not to late for a career change, and this girl could get into pro wrestling as a manager. I can talk and I’m entertaining. 

The symphony just started, and we want more. Welcome to Wardlow’s World. Big man, we can’t be more excited for you, and you deserve it. I’m so excited, I’m planning on seeing you live in Chicago, and yes there will be a sign involved. 

With classical music and love, 

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts