Pro Wrestling: Tony Khan’s New Year’s Resolution

 Happy New Year Divas! I’m on my third holiday weekend in Chicago (holiday is vacation in British slang) with nephews, dogs, kitten and a snowstorm heading this way. With a new year, I’ve made a list of things I plan to work on this year. We will see how this works out, and six months from now, I’m going to write about my resolutions progress.

My cousin and I were discussing NYE and how hyped people get. She doesn’t like going out and prefers to stay home with her husband and the kids. Fair enough. I used to like going out for NYE when I was younger, then I stopped going out all together with the craziness, opting to go out on New Year’s Day instead. (Who said you can’t celebrate NYE on New Year’s Day)? 

Resolutions are those things that we want to change for personal growth. We can also put professional resolutions in the same category as we grow as people and professionals. While we have good intentions to change, studies have shown that most resolutions are broken within a month. That means at the end of the month, we go back to bad habits, foregoing our resolve to change. 

What happens when we break said resolutions and how does that impact ourselves and others? Depending on the resolution and our relationships, breaking said resolutions can have an impact on others, including relationships. In business, creating resolutions can provide change for the better. Same goes for professional resolutions for individuals. Do I need to make resolutions? Yes. (I just made one by shopping for office stuff so my desk isn’t so cluttered. Unfortunately, this clutter will always be there). 

Big Swole recently expressed her opinion on AEW, to which Tony Khan responded in a questionable manner to which some, such as former WWE and WCW writer Vince Russo labeled as unprofessional. My pal Virtue from No DQ said in a recent tweet that Tony Khan’s Twitter and social media accounts should be deactivated. 

They’re both right. Effective immediately, Tony Khan needs to be banned from social media for inappropriate actions based on his response to Big Swole’s opinion. Furthermore, Tony Khan should be banned from social media and commentary in all forms due to his nature of unprofessional conduct as a business owner with the idea that he does not know how to talk to the media. 

This is just another thing to add to the look of disdain that the public, along with the internet wrestling community is giving AEW. His comments give the impression that AEW is a terrible place to work for, lacking support, ethics, acceptance and flexibility. When a company gives off that vibe, who would want to work there? 

I’ve been there. One of my old bosses told me that another staff member said something about me, then she turned around and covered up what she said by lying to my face when I brought it up. She did this to protect the staff member who said something as her and the staff member were good friends. The way I was treated hurt, and further actions by administrators are why they have problems keeping staff.

You’ve been warned Tony Khan. I told you before you need to grow up if you want to AEW to succeed. Your recent comments about Big Swole and your comment about her ability to do her job are a clear question of your maturity level. 

So what do you think of the actions of TK? Comment below! 

With coziness and love,

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts