I Survived Monday

 Hey Divas! I said I’d post about the first day in the new classroom which went pretty well. One parent is happy that I’m in there and expressed that her child was so proud of himself when he wrote his name. That made me feel good, as I knew there was no lesson plan completed, nor was there activities planned the two days I worked in said classroom for that staff member. 

Talk about thinking on your feet. It may not have been much, but at least it was something to do. Children get bored easily without activities or repeated activities. They also get bored if they are not engaged and some teachers notice the “bad behavior” and believe that the children are just bad listeners without realizing maybe there are changes to be made in regards to the routine and activities. 

Today went well. They are a good group of kids who need to be busy and engaged. This week we will start slow, as they aren’t used to a structured routine, complete with expectations, activities, transitions/warning/songs, and gentle reminders. 

Today I was tired (you already knew that). I was so tired I wasn’t sure if I had a stop sign and got into a horn blowing contest with a pissed old man behind me when going to get lunch. No gym night, as I have things to do, like a lesson plan. 

“ ‘Fasten your seatbelts. I’m taking you for the ride of your life.  I’m going to show you what this car can really do. Are you ready?’ “

Vivian to Edward

Pretty Woman, 1990

I’m behind the wheel, preparing them for 4K in the fall. 

With movie night and love, 

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts