Tony Khan Needs To Grow Up If He Wants AEW To Succeed

 Happy Saturday Divas! Welcome to the variety blog where there’s something different everyday. I’ve been laying low since Tuesday when I had symptoms, got tested, and unfortunately I’m positive. I have zero symptoms as of today (no fever, etc) other than the occasional sneeze and some coughing. My sense of taste and smell are still in tact and I’m bored. Stella loves having me home (what pet doesn’t) and the next couple of weeks will be interesting as I recover. 

I’m vaxxed, and at first I was skeptical of doing it, largely because I questioned whether it was safe. After a discussion with my cousin (nursing student), plus another nurse friend of mine, and my doctor, I’m glad I got the vaxx, because this could be worse. 

And here we go with today’s topic. I was going to save this topic as an audition piece to write for Aaron and the gang at https://nodq.com/, yet another Tony Khan comment made me post here. This time, he was commenting about how AEW has this and that compared to Fox News. I half read the article, mainly because I’m tried of him running his mouth. His mouth runs faster than thawing water pipes on a cold winter day. 

Remember that person in high school who gossiped about everyone? Or the most talkative? That’s Tony Khan. Every time I turn around, he’s posting on Twitter or talking about something. The recent decision for AEW star Jon Moxley entering rehab was mentioned on Twitter, which some, including myself, viewed in poor taste. Furthermore, the recent mentions of WWE within AEW programming are signs that Khan is not focused on AEW, and I feel like he’s not. If he was, the IWC wouldn’t be talking negatively. 

In 2011, Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader Melissa Kellerman was accidentally knocked over by tight end Jason Witten. Later, Kellerman posted in a joking manner that she was fine, and by posting the incident she tripled her follower count. The Cowboys Organization later viewed these comments as harmful to the organization, forcing Kellerman to delete her Twitter account. In fact, the Cowboys Cheerleader organization has strict rules, among them social media posting and etiquette. If these young ladies are given a filter of sorts as to what is allowed to be posted and coached on what to say prior to speaking engagements, Tony Khan should be held to the same standards as a business owner. Better yet, he needs a publicist to do his talking for him. (I can talk, write legit sentences and I have an imagination, so I’d be perfect for the role). 

CM Punk. Prayers answered. Both Bryan Danielson and Adam Cole debut at All Out. Shocker. Yet what has been done with them in the display case with visual merchandising to entice shoppers, even casual shoppers? What has been done with AEW as a whole to impress viewers? 

His actions remind me of a previous school I used to work for. This school is dear to my heart for some reasons, yet for others I will have a bittersweet taste in my mouth. Management promoted friends to management positions regardless of education and qualifications, did not assist staff with solutions to serious issues within the classroom, and had a “ ‘zero tolerance policy for gossip’ “, going so far as to closing down the break room due to gossip, yet gossiped about staff to each other. In other words, staff couldn’t gossip and if we were caught, there were consequences. If administrators gossiped about staff it was perfectly acceptable. Eventually staff grew tired of said environment and found work elsewhere. 

Do you want a successful wrestling promotion or mediocrity, because you know fans will pay money? In Chicago, fans were yelling “Fire Nagy!” in reference to the Bears record this season. I held up a funny sign calling for the firing of the McCaskeys, owners of the Chicago Bears. By a strange comparison, Tony Khan is similar to the Chicago Bears front office because both have close relationships with people in management positions, and neither desire to improve their product. 

The IWC, particularly Thy Great One, Mr. Tito, have made suggestions on how AEW can improve. You have Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Chris Jericho, Paul Wight and Mark Henry, plus CM Punk, and Dean Malenko plus Jake Roberts, and Tony Schiavone with Jim Ross. I grew up watching Arn, Tully and Jake, with both Tony and JR on commentary as a kid, to watching the other names twenty-five years ago when they were beginning their careers, with the exception of Punk. Add up the years of experience that each name has been in the business, and that’s an estimated three hundred years experience combined. These are names that need to be in management positions with their knowledge, insight, and expertise in the business, along with being placed on creative to come up with storylines. 

During a job interview, a candidate is often asked where they see themselves in five years. The purpose of this question is to gauge a candidate’s level of interest in the position at hand, and to determine who is serious about their work. 

Where do you want AEW to be in five years Tony? Where it is now, or even better? If you want to succeed, grow up. Get off social media, hire someone to talk for you and LISTEN to the veterans backstage. They know the business and they can help. Stop talking and let your actions do your talking for you. Otherwise, AEW looks like an expensive hobby which in the end will cost people if you fold. 

With blankets and love, 

Dani






Comments

Popular Posts