Thank You My Friend

 Howdy y’all! Very quick post here before I head off to lunch and more holiday shopping-my quest to find a video game for my 12 year old nephew. Thanks to Virtue, Colin and Thy Great One, Mr. Tito, my Twitter pals and the gang at www.nodq.com for the game suggestions! As an educator, I strive for educational presents during the holidays, as Grandmother home schooled me when I was little. 

Pro wrestling has been part of my life since I was a kid, and in all honesty, I wonder why I pursued education versus theatre or communications, as both are excellent backgrounds to work in the wrestling industry. I think back to an AWA event I attended back in grade school when I was screaming Shawn Michaels name. He turned around, smiled and called me to the railing, blocking fans from the ring. I didn’t go, and wish I would’ve. I could be a wealthy woman now. Just kidding. But seriously, I should be working in the industry. Speaking of brushes with fame, if I ever saw Wardlow, I’d lose my shit and buy him a beer. Or several beers. He’s such a great character and looks like the kind of guy who is down to Earth and fun to hang out with. 

In 1998, during Monday Night Wars while browsing the internet, I stumbled upon an article about pro wrestling. Bookmarking the site on my massive desktop, I went back and looked for the author of the article. Then I kept going back and going back. I couldn’t get enough of the author’s writing, or their opinion on pro wrestling. 

That was twenty-three years ago. A few “retirements” (breaks in writing as I call it) and a website later, Mr. Tito has brought his opinion to the internet wrestling community with facts, plus an impressive background in business and finance to support said opinions. Never have I seen another wrestling columnist like him (except for my second favorite, Virtue) deliver such a column that I enjoy reading (again Virtue is second). Tito delivers a blend of education with fun within his writing that makes understanding the topic easier. 

Math and I do not get along, however Algebra and I became friends last summer. I didn’t have time for that course, even though I understood the material. My goal is a bachelor’s degree and to obtain said degree I need math (algebra, specifically plus higher math), along with economics. Tito’s profession is finance and/or business based, largely with economics in there. Due to the strong relationship between algebra and economics, I avoided both. After reading Tito’s work for so many years, I’m ready to hang out with algebra and get acquainted with economics for my degree. 

Monday Night Wars, reviews, ideas to help make characters and said promotions better, plus the topics he has written about over the years as he retires from being a wrestling columnist. His columns were great with a cup of hot coffee and a donut on a lazy weekend morning. Ric Flair was Saturday night for me as a kid watching NWA/WCW wrestling during the eighties and nineties. Tito is Ric Flair of the internet wrestling community, who delivers. 

Thank you Tito for your years of great reads, and being the inspiration to try something that I’m not a fan of. Honestly, if I had a teacher like you, I would’ve gone to class. You are fantastic and you will be missed. Aaron, you did a good one by bringing him into the NoDq family, and I don’t know what I’ll do without his columns. 

Thy Great One, you truly are….great. We are lucky to have you as wrestling fans, and Mrs. Tito is lucky to have you. 

With wrapping paper and love, 

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts