Product Review: Clinique Take The Day Off

Hi Divas! It’s Sunday post nap (and hangover) after a fun filled night with family celebrating my nephew’s birthday. The best part was that he had no idea, and his partner did all the work. A fun night was had in Chicago and I loved every minute of it. 

As we were getting ready (the we being my cousin and I), I was able to move my brushes and palette like nothing, as makeup is a hobby for me with many high end products in my closet. She wears makeup but doesn’t wear it like I do (fun fact: I have seven brushes to create an eye makeup look, and yes Virginia there is a difference between a foundation brush and sponge to apply foundation). She needed concealer (color correction, which conceals imperfections), so I gave her my palette, along with directions. She misunderstood them, as I was busy getting ready myself. When she mentioned she was having trouble, I came to her rescue with the ultimate product for any makeup bag. 

Introducing Clinique Take The Day Off makeup remover. I grew up using Clinique Eye Make Remover and needed something that would take off lipstick. After sampling Take The Day Off (liquid), I was sold. Not liking the feeling of leftover foundation, I found Urban Decay’s Makeup Meltdown, a stick that removed makeup (foundation, etc). Sadly, Urban Decay discontinued this product. Browsing in Ulta, I discovered the cream form of Take The Day Off. 

This lightweight formula removes both eye makeup and foundation with ease. Use the liquid form to remove eye makeup and lipstick, and the cream to remove foundation. (Use a small amount of cream prior to washing your face. Sleeping in makeup is fine once in a while. I do it every so often, but not removing makeup on a daily basis can cause clogged pores and acne. After using product, follow with your favorite cleanser and a deep cleaning mask. I suggest Cosmetic Warrior by Lush). 

What I love about this product is the lightweight feel and the ease of removing makeup. I also like the no scent and non greasy texture. 

My cousin tried these wipes and she likes them. Baby wipes, Vaseline and other similar products do not work, contrary to both popular belief and old wives tales. This product works! 

New to makeup or looking to make a few changes to your current stash? Keep checking here for more product reviews and related info! 

https://www.clinique.com/products/20011/skincare/makeup-removers

With naps and love,

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts