My Sex and The City Top Ten: Part 1

 Hi Divas! Day two with no television set and I’m finding this strangely nice. Although it’s dark when I wake up and at night when I get home, something is different and I believe Stella (my kitten) as confused, as the set is on for her at night and during the day. New television will be here tomorrow, and I have a four day weekend out of town and Just Like That, I’ll be hanging out with my old friends, Carrie, Miranda and Charlotte. 

At first SATC became my must see tv, so much so that my ex knew not to call me when it was aired on TBS in reruns back in 2005. Having seen every episode in “network cable friendly form”, I eventually watched every episode on dvd at some point, watching them so much, I became somewhat of an expert on the series. 

Then over time, I slowly became “Carrie”. What Carrie spent on shoes, I have the equivalent of makeup. I also have a jerk ex-boyfriend who is a game player like Big early in the series, and an egomaniac like Petrovsky in France. 

Is it a wonder why this is a favorite of mine? Speaking of favorites, here is the first part of my SATC Top Ten Favorite Episodes:

10. The Drought

This first season classic finds Carrie dealing with the embarrassment of farting in bed-with Big. Can you imagine it happening to you? Enough said.

9. The Power of Female Sex

An early season one episode, Carrie runs into party girl Amalita and questions the power of women and sex after a $1500 cash bonus from a one night stand. Now we know how Vivian felt in Pretty Woman.

8. They Shoot Single People Don’t They? 

Carrie ends up on a magazine cover with decaf coffee, a cigarette, plus a hangover. She feels awkward in public, and questions if being single is a bad thing. It’s ok to be single. It’s also ok to have a hangover and wear last night’s face, as long as you are over 21 and don’t have to work the next day.  

7. Games People Play

After Big moves to Paris for work, Carrie can’t stop talking about him and sees a shrink. There she meets a guy with his own issues. Men do have issues, and their issues have issues.

6. Attack of the 5’10 Woman

Carrie runs into Natasha, Big’s twenty-something wife while shopping, which turns into being at a luncheon. Still feeling the pain of the breakup, plus inferior, Carrie describes what she calls a “ ‘Natasha specific obsession’ “ to Charlotte, and finds out that Mrs. Big isn’t as perfect as Carrie thinks she is. Who hasn’t been dumped by a guy and felt inferior? I have.

And there you have it! Part One. Tomorrow I’ll have Part 2, followed by a review of And Just Like That. 

What are YOUR favorite SATC episodes? Let’s connect at theteachingdiva9@gmail.com

With labels and love,

Dani

Comments

Popular Posts