Early Childhood Education: Career Rejuvenation

 Hi Divas! It’s the end of the week for most and the end of the year. As most of you read in a previous entry, I tested positive for Covid. Initially what I thought (and hoped) was a cold, I was stunned when I got my results and wondered if they made a mistake. I’m thankful I was vaxxed and after two weeks at home, I was happy to be back at work this week. 

Two weeks ago, I posted about a conversation I had with my boss, where we discussed my current role as a teacher with my then class. Seeing the things that were overwhelming me, she encouraged me to reflect on what I needed and wanted to make my job easier. (Seeing people enter this field because they believe it’s easy just baffles me. Working with children is far from easy). After reflection, much needed family time, plus research on resources and workshops, I found a few that I’m working on and really like this far. 

We go to spas to get rejuvenated, where we get facials, wraps, peels, and massages. I will attest to getting facials. Sometimes we get microdermabrasion, which is an exfoliating technique. Exfoliating is the removal of dead skin cells, which is essential to skin vitality. When Maria, my old esthetician did my facials, I left the spa feeling good with bright, glowing skin. 

Having this time off considering the circumstances, combined with these workshops, plus less stress, rejuvenated my career. After twenty-three years, most who have been in my position may feel burned out or seeking a new career change. Sometimes I consider changing careers (hello real estate) yet the love from a child and their laughter keeps me going, as I cannot part with teaching so easily. 

I’m sure some of you have felt the same way I did a few weeks ago. Tell me in the comments what made you feel this way and what revitalized your career? 

With dogs and love,

Dani


Comments

Popular Posts