Meeting The Diva

Hey y’all! It’s been so long since we’ve seen each other. I’m posting from a hotel room on a tablet pre coffee before heading out for shopping. This year is spent with family in Chicago, the place where it all started and the city I call home, despite not living there. I’m a WI resident and created the term “Wiscagoan”, which is a portmanteau of Wisconsin and Chicago. You can take the girl out of Chicago, but not Chicago out of the girl. 

Aside from being that girl, who is The Teaching Diva? She is me. I am her. By day, I’m a preschool teacher-for twenty-three years and counting, working with children and families has been my life. I’ve worked with all ages of children from infant-school age in a classroom setting, plus I’ve been a nanny. My job is fun, challenging and keeps me on my toes. I have a great Elmo impression which is spot on according to some, I can make really good play dough, plus I find Peppa adorable. (It must be that accent). My job doesn’t pay much. Early childhood education doesn’t pay what it should, yet I feel wealthy due to the love from my class, their families, and the amazing bosses that I have, one of whom I had at a previous job. 

When I’m not teaching, I’m writing. I have a novel that’s already copy written, and I’m  currently working  on the sequel. Other interests are pro wrestling, arts and crafts, helping families and those that work with children and families, football, plus beauty and fashion. I’m also a coffee lover, a Snoopy collector, plus I’m into television (I grew up in the eighties, go figure). I’m also a fan of General Hospital, The Chicago Franchise (NBC), Power (Starz), Real Housewives Atlanta and reruns (Golden Girls, Sex and the City, Friends). Other hobbies include movies, reading, exercise, baking, trivia, karaoke, plus I love to dance. I’m a pet parent to a cute kitten named Stella, and I love dogs. 

It was so nice meeting all of you! Let’s see each other again soon. You’ll find my life as an educator here, plus blogs on the bold topics, so grab a cup of whatever and enjoy! 

Want to connect? Email me at: theteachingdiva9@gmail.com

With Turkey and love,
Dani

Comments

Popular Posts